Monday, December 15, 2008

Superhero of the week: SYDNEY FOX (Tia Carrere) FROM "RELIC HUNTER."

I figured I'd start off nice and lightly for my first week. Sydney Fox, archaeological expert and secret martial arts practitioner, is the lead character on CTV's "Relic Hunter." Each episode, she is entreated by a university, estate, or some government agency like the FBI or CIA, to find a relic that usually possesses some magical powers. For example, the Fountain of Youth, a "Cursed Aztec Devil Doll," or the diamond-encrusted gun used by Al Capone. Sydney often tends to get stuck wearing skimpy clothing, and often appears in little less than a bra and tight shorts.

As you can see, Sydney Fox is a pretty fluffy, stereotypical heroine. She's smart, sexy, and has no obvious weak spots or faults. In short, she is a little too perfect. However, she does always manage to get the relic into safe hands, and look pretty fine whilst doing so, so all in all this makes her a great stepping stone on the road to superspydom.

Some traits of Sydney's that I will be pushing for this week:

-GREAT CARDIO: Sydney often is chased by multiple henchmen, so good cardio is necessary to get Syd's skills.

-REALLY TONED MUSCLES IN THE UPPER BODY - Just look at that picture. That picture screams "I can scale a forty-foot Incan wall in order to attain the stolen idol."

-GREAT HISTORICAL KNOWLEDGE - I think this will be the week that I brush up on ancient civilizations.

Tonight, however, I'll be trying to emulate Sydney's suave side by attending a "BodyJam" class at the local Goodlife, led by Cathy Ferri. It wouldn't surprise me if at some point in her career, Sydney was forced to attend some sort of fancy ball, and she would definitely need to know how to dance with some evil diplomat to glean some information from him. Even if Sydney didn't need to do that, Tia Carrere's character in True Lies definitely did, so I figure I'll get some crossover knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment